*Due to a family crisis, I will not be able to show at South Store Cafe on March and April 2017. I am very sorry for the inconvenience and I shall post the date as soon as I know when I can show there again.*
I am CheeYean Yoong-Packer, an artist from Portland, Oregon by the way of Malaysia, Hong Kong and New Zealand. I am inspired by my heritage, environment and the life experiences that has defined who I am today. My mission is to create beautiful artworks that speaks a personal message to you.
I have always been fascinated by the French post-impressionist painted Georges-Pierre Seurat’s pointillism technique and how his art speaks with pulsating visual movements. Over the years, I have created a mosaic-type technique of my own, as seen in the background of this piece.
I also run MOLUISHOP .COM with my daughter, Tiff, creating contemporary Chinese Art. MoLui marries tradition with modern design to bridge Chinese generations removed from their heritage.
Over the years, I have participated in art shows around the community and hope to expand my work in more shows and galleries around Portland and beyond. If you are interested in showing or seeing my work in person, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
- University of Wisconsin – Whtewater. 1980
Bachelor of Fine Arts majoring in Communication Graphics
- Rudolph Scaheffer School of Design
Mariposa St., San Francisco. 1975
Previously Shown at
- Providence Cancer Center, Portland Eastside August 2016
- Two Beans and a Farm, Mernda, Australia March 2016
- South Store Cafe, Hillsboro Oregon. 2015
- Wild Arts Festival, Portland, Oregon 2014
- Local 14 Portland, Oregon. 2009
- Tualatin Chamber of Commerce, Oregon. 2007
- Tualatin Art Splash, Oregon. 2007